Features & Construction
DON'T BE FOOLED! Important Conveyor Chain Information We've seen imported chain with a very-low tensile strength being marketed. The tensile strength on 667H imported chain we had tested was only 5,500# versus 9,500# on the domestic chain that we sell. Avoid the "horror-stories" of premature chain-failure and accelerated, sprocket wear from imported, low-tensile chain. We offer domestic, high-tensile chain... and at a lower price!
- Heavier-gauge, rust-resistant galvanized-steel construction resists forage acids for longer life
- Sturdy, detachable or pintle conveyor chain is tempered hard for longer wear
- High-grade, corded-rubber 'plow contour' flights are reinforced with rugged steel brackets flights are closer spaced for faster, higher-capacity feed delivery with minimum rideup
- Conveyor-chain take-up (bolt type) located at discharge end. Fast and simple to adjust up to 2" adjustment few turns of two nuts are all that is required. Doesn't affect roller-chain drive adjustment
- Enclosed, lower trough for clean, chain return and extra strength
- Heavy cast-iron, drive and idler shaft, conveyor-chain sprockets sprocket design helps prevent material buildup between chain and sprocket
- Bronze, pillow-block bearings with grease fittings resist forage acids for longer life. Two bearings, not just one, on each idler, drive and cross shaft to reduce wear on sprockets, shafts and bearings.
- Heavy-gauge steel fixed boot equipped with water drain holes to help prevent freeze-up in cold weather
- Sliding motor mount may be set at any point along top elevator flange (underslung mounts also available)
- Replacement pan or trough easily slips over existing pan or outside bottom trough, without having to replace sides of trough (pop rivet or tack weld to existing pan or trough)
- Wider choice of accessories to custom-make a one-man feeding system. Available with transports, motors, declines, covers, special hoppers, hoods, downspouts and diverters
- Simple but sturdy angle iron connecting joint used for longer lengths strongest structural design available.
- Furnished on elevator lengths over 14' (for ease of delivery). Factory installed at any point along elevator - specify location (usually at midpoint for easiest handling). Also furnished on shorter length elevators, at no charge, if requested.
- Joints constructed of sturdier angle iron prevents bowing, twisting and bending eliminates stretching. Stronger than flat connector plates.
- Simple to connect joints bolt to each other quickly.